Position Title: Account Executive
Position ID: RT-004
Salary: Based on experience.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Under general supervision of the Program Manager, plans, organizes, and executes sales and marketing efforts, both short and long range, targeted towards new and existing members and markets. The position is responsible for developing business and member relationships as well as member support for CSBA technology programs; utilizing specialized program knowledge to perform a variety of administrative and program-specific support duties requiring thorough knowledge of the department, its procedures, and operational details; providing administrative and analytical support to management and departmental staff; and assisting with strategic sales plans, forecasting, and data driven presentations. The position also provides direct customer service to CSBA members; participates in customizing program-specific deliverables; and performs related work as required.
- Performs administrative assignments and works on special projects related to assigned area of responsibility; maintains accurate and detailed department-specific records, schedules, reports, files, plans, databases, and other operation and/or confidential information.
- Performs a variety of administrative, analytical, and customer support activities for CSBA programs, services and technologies at an expert level.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans, forecasting to achieve organization objectives for products and revenue.
- Assists in product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Conducts professional sales meetings and presents CSBA products to interested and prospective clients.
- Conducts marketing and sales calls.
- Prepares sales reports regarding sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed expansion.
- Represents organization at association meetings, conferences and trade show, and board meetings in order to promote product and maintain product booths.
- Presents and articulates technical concepts through demonstration and installation of technical programs to association membership, program users, and the public.
- Educates membership and new business prospects about technology products and programs.
- Drives growth throughout the program.
- Secures new business and enhances and retains current business.
- Performs virtual communication via online demonstrations and webinars on product installation and functionality.
- Collaborates with Governance Technology Team and Technology developers on product development and assesses solutions.
- Promotes and markets CSBA products, programs, and services.
- Delivers customized training for specific technology programs/services for organizational members, and association staff through various means, including in person, by telephone and email, and through webcasts.
- Addresses concerns, inquiries, or complaints from member agencies or the general public in a professional manner; researches information; identifies and reports findings and takes appropriate action to ensure an expedient and satisfactory resolution.
- Maintains and cultivates positive relationships with Association members and clients to ensure satisfaction, implementation, user training, and product development through information gathering.
- Assists with researching, formatting, and customizing content for program-specific correspondence, forms, reports, presentations, marketing collateral, and manuals.
- Travels extensively throughout California, which may require an overnight/s stay.
- Assists with coordinating logistics and implementation of governance technology programs.
- Operates standard office equipment, including job-related computer hardware and software, applications, facsimile equipment, photocopiers, and multi-line telephones.
- Seeks continual education opportunities for technical services, sales, marketing, and processes and procedures.
- Reads and demonstrates an understanding and adherence to CSBA values, policies, and practices.
- Demonstrates respect, honesty and professionalism at all times.
- Adheres to an established work schedule and the organization’s timekeeping practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Consultative and strategic sales process.
- Current technology and Education market conditions.
- Marketing and promotional practices to grow and retain client base.
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and Association staff.
- Product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategies to ensure long-term market share.
- Customer Relationship Management systems.
- Organization and function of non-profit organizations, boards, and commissions.
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, regulatory codes, ordinances, and procedures relevant to assigned area of responsibility.
- Principles and practices of data collection, information management, and report preparation.
- Computer applications related to the work, including word processing, web design, database, and spreadsheet applications.
- Record keeping principles and procedures.
- English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation.
- Provide customer service for program-related inquiries and related requests.
- Understand the organization and operation of the Association and of outside agencies as necessary to assume assigned responsibilities.
- Assist management with sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
- Learn new software applications and train others to use those applications
- Apply specialized program-related knowledge to support organizational unit with accuracy, speed, and general supervision; interpret, apply, and explain administrative and departmental policies and procedures; provide customer service for program-related inquiries and related requests.
- Travel extensively throughout California.
- Conduct professional presentations in group settings.
- Promote Association products and services to existing clients.
- Interpret, apply, and explain administrative and departmental policies and procedures.
- Use English language to effectively communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
- Compose correspondence and reports independently or from brief instructions
- Research, analyze, and summarize data.
- Enter and retrieve information from a computer with speed and accuracy.
- Apply knowledge and demonstrate critical thinking skills, lead and coordinate various projects involving participation of other departments
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner.
- Organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Operate modern office equipment including computer equipment, specialized software applications programs, internet, web-based training applications.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with others.
Equivalent to the completion of a bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of experience performing sales and marketing tasks and supporting management.
Special Conditions of Employment
Applicants must possess a valid California driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation for use on Association business.
Environmental Elements and Physical Demands
- Employee works in a primarily sedentary office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
- Employee is personally responsible for following health and safety guidelines, instructions, and policies.
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to read printed materials and computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person, and over the telephone; must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push and pull drawers open and closed in the execution of duties.
- Must be able to sit at computer for long periods of time and have the dexterity to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator, and operate standard office equipment.
- Employee must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds, hand truck available to assist.
- Must be able to travel frequently on both day and overnight trips throughout the state of California.
- Must have the dexterity and mobility to facilitate or present information to a group, access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator, and operate standard facilitation equipment.
- Proof of insurance and a clean DMV record may be required.
Cover letters, resumes and applications should be submitted in Word or PDF format as an attachment and emailed to email@example.com. The application may be scanned and included with your submission. Please include the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line of your email. Please indicate your salary requirements in your cover letter. Your application packet may also be faxed with a cover page to the attention of Human Resources at (916) 669-3321, or mailed to California School Boards Association ATTN: Human Resources 3251 Beacon Blvd, West Sacramento, CA 95691. EOE