Date/Time: Friday, September 15, 2017, 8:30 A.M. – 3:30 P.M.
Location: Hilton Sacramento Arden West
2200 Harvard St, Sacramento, CA 95825
The California Council of School Attorneys Fall Workshop is an MCLE approved program providing up-to-date information and materials that are designed for lawyers and tailored to the practice of school law. Join us for in-depth discussions on topics including:
- Safe Haven School Districts
- Maintaining Professional Adult/Student Boundaries
- Understanding Eligibility Criteria: An Analysis of Section 504 Versus IDEA, and Why Your Clients Should Clearly Understand the Difference
- Support, Technical Assistance & Intervention under LCFF
- Budget Bill Requiring District to Allow Unions to Meet with New Employees
- Tool Kit for Addressing School Truancy: SARB, Diversion Programs and Court Intervention
- Conducting an Appropriate Workplace Investigation
- It’s Time to Talk about Leaves Again
- Elimination of Bias
MCLE total – 6.0 hours
The Sacramento area law firms are hosting a reception the evening before the workshop:
Thursday, September 14, 2017, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm at the Hilton Sacramento Arden West, 2200 Harvard St, Sacramento, CA 95825
Come join us for beverages and appetizers while you network with fellow school law attorneys. Put your business card in the bowl for a chance to win a prize!
Registration to the workshop is not required to attend the reception.
Please RSVP to email@example.com if you plan to attend the reception.
For more information, contact Mary Biehl at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 669-3268.